
While sitting at dinner with Jay in a restaurant, my thoughts wandered. It's so odd the way your mind can become deeply engrossed in itself in the strangest of places. As I delved into my thoughts I hardly noticed my eyes dilate and my self losing my sense of awareness.
For some reason I began to think about how easy it is to live your life without regret when you don't know what your dreams are. When you're growing up all the choices and all the mistakes
you make are can be attributed to "self-discovery". Up until now I had lived a life without regret because I never knew what I was working toward. Anything and everything I had done never made me regret (well, mostly) and then I realized what I wanted. It's at that moment when you realize what you truly want that you start to rethink all the paths you took in your life and how the choices you made prevented you from achieving it.
It's a strange thought process and an odd feeling that accompanies it... but although I know there are many paths I didn't take to get where I belong I know it can still be reached.
The thing that gets me the most is that I would be at the crossroads to go down the right path but instead I turned my back on it and went the other way. Why? Because I was too afraid to follow my dreams. The worst part of it all is I think I still am.
It's a strange thought process and an odd feeling that accompanies it... but although I know there are many paths I didn't take to get where I belong I know it can still be reached.
The thing that gets me the most is that I would be at the crossroads to go down the right path but instead I turned my back on it and went the other way. Why? Because I was too afraid to follow my dreams. The worst part of it all is I think I still am.
No comments:
Post a Comment